Conference calls are not a new concept. They have been around for so many years. Some companies charge fee for offering conference call services, while there are companies through which you can make a free conference call. Be it a business conference, school group meeting, seminar or anything else, conference calls are very effective to bring a group of people together from any part of the world.
If you want to set up a conference call for free, you can surely do it using Internet. You can make free conference calls using online conference call service providers. Such service providers come very handy, especially if you need to schedule free conference calls regularly. Using such services is very easy that even a non-tech-savvy person can also make a free conference call through them.
Here are some tips on how you can make free conference calls using the power of Internet.
Make free conference calls using Skype
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of Skype. If you don’t know the URL, just type ‘Skype’ on your favorite search engine and you will get the URL.
- Now visit the site and click on the free download button. Download and install Skype to your PC, laptop or mobile device.
- After the process of installation is completed, Skype shortcut will be displayed on your desktop. Double click on the icon to open it and then log into it by providing your username and password.
- Add people you want to include in the conference call as contacts to your Skype profile.
- Select particular contacts whom you want to participate in any particular Skype conference call.
- Select the ‘Call Group’ option.
- You may need to wait for some time for the particular group phone connection to initiate and start the Skype conference call.
- Skype offers the facility of making free conference calls with video chatting.
- You may even dial land-line numbers using your Skype account, but it would require you to buy Skype credit.
Make free conference calls using Free Conference Call
- You can also make free conference calls through the company namely Free Conference Call. Go to their website and click on ‘get free service’ option positioned on the top of the page.
- Now enter your name and email id to open an online account.
- Now you need to copy the conference call dial-in number and also the access code.
- Dial the number and then enter access code to initiate the conference call. Don’t forget to share dial-in phone number and the access code with the conferees.
- You may add up to 96 callers in a free conference call.
Some important points to keep in mind
Here are some very important factors that you must keep in mind if you want to make free conference calls.
- You may need to pay long distance charges for making long distance calls through free conference call services. However, the cost is nominal.
- Making conference calls may be free to set up. Nevertheless, you need to pay the fees charged by the telephone carrier.
- You can make a free conference call while calling within the country. But for long distance international calls, you will need to pay some charges if the call provider doesn’t provide you with a toll free phone number.
Author’s Bio – Lopez Genelia is a renowned technology blogger. She has written a number of articles and blogs on how to a make free conference call, how to make international conference call etc.